Triggers are basically events that cause an action to take place. In the case of banterOne, Triggers are the first step in creating a Workflow for a Widget to come into effect.
- Login to banterOne
- Click on Developer Options
- Click on Triggers and the on + sign to create a New Trigger
- Enter Name and Description, and keep Is Active in blue.
- From the Source Params, under Collect From the drop-down choose Application/JSON.
- Click the + icon to add the Parameters.
Check the Required box if that Parameter is mandatory for action to take place.
- Once you click on the Save button
- You will notice that a JSON query is created in a syntax like below:
NOTE: banterOne only accepts the JSON format and nothing else.
- Once you click on the Save button, you will be redirected to the Triggers menu where you can see the Trigger that you created.
- Click on the Edit/Pencil icon and you will find the unique Resthook URL, which will be used in the Postman to run the Trigger.
A unique Resthook URL will be created for every Trigger.