Uncode Business Logic Service is used to handle HTTP operations such as API
managers and may perform multiple tasks based on the logic tree.
The user will be able to construct his or her own BLS based on their needs. Also BLS can be nested in nature.
To create a BLS on Uncode follow the steps mentioned below
- Login to Uncode
- Click on Developer Options
- Click on ‘BLS’ from backend menu
- On the BLS Screen click on ‘Add BLS’ button
- The system will be directed to the BLS builder screen
- Click on the ‘Info’ segment to get started
- Enter the Name and Description of the BLS, click on the ‘Is Active’ checkbox to activate BLS immediately and Click ‘Next’
- Next step is to setup the initial data for the BLS
- On the Initial Data Screen, first select the HTTP Type from the drop down menu. Currently available options are Http Instant, Http Background and Http Fire Forget.
Http Instant- The operation is done only when BLS is executed
Http Background- The operation runs continuously in the background when BLS is active
Http Fire Forget- The operation/ execution doesn’t wait for response.
- Click the ‘Exact Output’ Checkbox and mention the name of the Output.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button for Input Parameters and Header Parameters.
- Input Params- Select the Input params tab to set the input parameters
- Header Params- Select the header params tab to set the headers.
- Validations- Select the validations tab to set the validation on the input parameters.
- In the Pop up enter the name, choose the data type (String, Object, Array) and click on the ‘Required’ checkbox to make it mandatory. Click on the add button. The same process can be used to add Input or header parameters.
- The system will show the JSON query once parameters are added.
- The user can add Validations once parameters are added, by mentioning the name of the Validation and clicking on the Add button next to it.
- Validations- The action of checking the data from the Input Params.
- Click on Next once all the values for Initial data are updated.
- On the flow builder screen the user can add various widget actions using the drag and drop interface.
- If an output is expected from the BLS, it is very important to setup the output.
- This can be done by clicking on the ‘+’ icon on the top bar. This opens up a menu, selects output.
- Then on the output tab click add and set name as “data” and data type as Object or string or array.
- Click on the output mapper tab and select the source fields for the mapping and hit Add.
- Click save on all pages.
The following widget actions are currently available
- Unblock Number- This widget action unblocks a contact from sending and receiving messages to the Uncode account phone number.
- Block Number- This widget action blocks a contact from sending and receiving messages to the Uncode account phone number.
- Add Contact to group- This operation can be completed by adding contacts to existing groups in CRM programs using this BLS.
- Add Contact- When conducting BLS, you must add a contact to the user account and provide all of the pertinent details.
- Schedule Message- Schedule a text message for a specific time to a specific
- Send Campaign- Create and send text message campaigns to a specific contact group, the campaign can be sent instantly or scheduled for a specific time.
- Send Message- Create and send text messages to a specific number using Uncode, the message can be sent instantly or scheduled for a specific time.
- API manager- Map the already existing API on Uncode to become part of the BLS.
- Data Pages- Use previously created data pages (dataview or form view) with Uncode as part of the BLS.
- Smart Views- Use the Smart views created on Uncode as part of the BLS. Use list view, kanban view, calendar view, card view etc.
- Set Variable- Use a previously created repository of text messages in your Business Logic/Process.
- Functions- Implement scripts in business logic with functions.
- Random Code- Generate unique random identifiers(Text/numbers/alphanumeric) as part of the BLS.
- Send Email- Send emails to multiple contacts with personalised dynamic data as part of the BLS.
- BLS- Previously created BLS can be used as widget actions to become part of another BLS.
- Webhook- Webhooks are commonly used to connect two separate applications. It delivers info about the event to a webhook URL after serializing it.
- Objects- Use standard and custom objects as part of the BLS.
BLS functioning and Workflow
Name and Description
- For each widget action the user has to update name and description for identification.
- If the user wants to apply conditions on the widget action the ‘Apply filter’ function can be used.
- For filtering ELSE and ELSE IF statements can be used
- The user can add a contact group as part of condition
- The user can use functions to apply filters. Currently available functions are - Equal, Not Equal, Like, Greater than, Less than, Greater than Equal, Less than Equal.
- Mapping feature allows users to configure input data for the Workflow.
- The currently available options for mapping are-
- Source fields- Updated from triggers.
- Variables- Updated from variables on the Uncode
- Static- manually enter values.
- Context Parameters- Updated from user records.
- IO parse- *In development
Connect Widget Action for building Workflows
- The widget action can be arranged in sequence of execution from the flow builder screen.
- Users can arrange the sequence by clicking on the grey dot on each widget action and dragging the sequence arrow to connect with the grey dot of the next widget action in sequence.
- Finally click on the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the flow builder screen to
save the final version of the BLS.
*Note- The BLS execution documentation related to each BLS created on Uncode will be available in the ‘APIs’ feature screen.
This API can be hit using an external service like Postman or any service that supports REST api.
The data is Passed down the widget tree, so any data from above level can be accessed in the current level.